cPanel & WHM update failure in upcp script - scripts/updatesigningkey - update to v84.0.5

morrow95

Well-Known Member
Oct 8, 2006
146
6
168
I initiated an update manually through WHM to v84.0.5 yesterday evening - the gui reported everything was fine and didn't notice any trouble. This morning I get an email that upcp did not exit cleanly when it ran :

Code:
Maintenance ended; however, it did not exit cleanly (256). The following events were logged: “scripts/updatesigningkey”. Review the update logs to determine why the update failed.

Update log preview:

...
...
[2019-10-30 04:50:21 -0400] E [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updatesigningkey] The “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updatesigningkey” command (process 63781) reported error number 1 when it ended.
...
What should I check out to make sure everything is good here?
 

morrow95

Well-Known Member
Oct 8, 2006
146
6
168
Code:
info [updatesigningkey] Retrieved public key from vendor: cpanel, category: development, url: https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/cPanelDevelopmentKey.asc
info [updatesigningkey] Retrieved public key from vendor: cpanel, category: release, url: https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/cPanelPublicKey.asc
 

garconcn

Well-Known Member
Oct 29, 2009
154
10
68
I got the same error from multiple servers this morning. It doesn't look like the error occur after run upcp(I only test on one server).
 

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
8,421
689
263
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I wonder if there was a connectivity issue with the licensing servers during the time of the update. I'd suggest allowing the automatic maintenance to run tonight and checking if the issue persists. If so I'd open a ticket, so we can look into it further. If you do choose that route, please update this thread with the ticket ID and we'll follow up here with the outcome.

Thanks!
 

morrow95

Well-Known Member
Oct 8, 2006
146
6
168
I did show you the full output of when I ran /scripts/updatesigningkey - the output is what I put in the reply.

I just ran it again and there is no output - just a new prompt like you showed. I will see what happens in the morning and whether upcp ran correctly or not.