The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel/WHM Upgrade to v11.29

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xavior82, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Xavior82

Xavior82 Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

I am having a hard time to make sense of cPanel upgrade as far as versioning goes. The cPanel changelog shows bug fixes in v11.29 that I urgently need integrated, but attempting an upgrade using the latest Edge version still keeps my version on 11.28.87.

I find it somewhat frustrating that the upgrade feature within WHM does not provide any details as to which version will be used in the upgrade (aside from the fact that the "latest CURRENT/STABLE/EDGE build". I would like to know which revision I am upgrading BEFORE I click on the upgrade button and commit to the version change.

So my question is two-fold:
    1- How can I tell which exact sub-version I am upgrading to before committing to the upgrade (I suppose this is more of a feature request than a question)

2- How can I immediately upgrade to version 11.29?

Thanks!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    1. You can tell the version by going to Downloads - cPanel Inc. and looking at the version listed for the set tier.

2. You cannot upgrade to 11.29 at this time. It's not a production release and restricted internally right now. If you want 11.29, you would need to wait for it to be released to EDGE tier when it is 11.30 (the version will change to 11.30 upon release to EDGE).