The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel/WHM Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cactuscarl, Dec 29, 2009.

1. cactuscarl

cactuscarl Member

Today on a whim, I ran the cPanel upgrade on my CentOS vps and it looks like it actually DOWNGRADED instead of upgrading. The version before the upgrade was

cPanel 11.25.0-R42399 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9

and now it's

cPanel 11.24.5-S38506 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9

My update settings were set to "Automatic Stable Release". The upgrade log doesn't look like anything went wrong from what I can tell. I'm pretty much a novice at all of this.

Have I done a bad thing?

#1 cactuscarl, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

You went from Release to Stable. Stable is almost always behind release. If you begin to notice any abnormal functionality you may want to go back to release as a lot of people have had issue at this particular time doing exactly what you have done.

3. cactuscarl

cactuscarl Member

Thanks for your response!

When you say "abnormal funcationality" do you mean within the cPanel/WHM interface? Or do I need to worry about my Wordpress blogs (which is mostly what I use the vps for).

In other words, is php/mysql/apache impacted by the upgrade or just the cPanel software?

Is it OK to run the upgrade again to the the "Release" version or is it too risky? At some point I'll have to do another upgrade someday any ways right?