cactuscarl

Aug 21, 2009
Today on a whim, I ran the cPanel upgrade on my CentOS vps and it looks like it actually DOWNGRADED instead of upgrading. The version before the upgrade was

cPanel 11.25.0-R42399 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9

and now it's

cPanel 11.24.5-S38506 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9

My update settings were set to "Automatic Stable Release". The upgrade log doesn't look like anything went wrong from what I can tell. I'm pretty much a novice at all of this.

Have I done a bad thing?

Last edited:

PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
You went from Release to Stable. Stable is almost always behind release. If you begin to notice any abnormal functionality you may want to go back to release as a lot of people have had issue at this particular time doing exactly what you have done.

cactuscarl

Aug 21, 2009
You went from Release to Stable. Stable is almost always behind release. If you begin to notice any abnormal functionality you may want to go back to release as a lot of people have had issue at this particular time doing exactly what you have done.
Thanks for your response!

When you say "abnormal funcationality" do you mean within the cPanel/WHM interface? Or do I need to worry about my Wordpress blogs (which is mostly what I use the vps for).

In other words, is php/mysql/apache impacted by the upgrade or just the cPanel software?

Is it OK to run the upgrade again to the the "Release" version or is it too risky? At some point I'll have to do another upgrade someday any ways right?