/cpanel /whm /webmail shows 404 error

Vs Nu

Jul 17, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
In my server after doing an cP update domain.com/cpanel or /whm or /webmail was showing 404 error

but the cPanel/whm/webmail working on port 2082 2086 and 95 or with hostname

apache error log

You are not authorized to run this command
[Mon Oct 12 09:50:39.517733 2020] [cgid:error] [pid 30335:tid 47976056248064] [client 103.x.x.x:64694] End of script output before headers: whmredirect.cgi

Last edited:
Reactions: anoopk350

anoopk350

May 6, 2020
Kochi
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
In my server after doing an cP update domain.com/cpanel or /whm or /webmail was showing 404 error

but the cPanel/whm/webmail working on port 2082 2086 and 95 or with hostname

apache error log

You are not authorized to run this command
[Mon Oct 12 09:50:39.517733 2020] [cgid:error] [pid 30335:tid 47976056248064] [client 103.x.x.x:64694] End of script output before headers: whmredirect.cgi
will you please share the commands used and the error log.

cPanelBrianK

Technical Analyst III
Staff member
Sep 5, 2018
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Vs Nu

The reported error indicates that the redirect is failing inside the Apache service and not being successfully passed to our backend CGI script. Since only a premature end error is being returned, I cannot be certain of a resolution as there are a large number of potential causes for this error.

Can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature? Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Vs Nu

Jul 17, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Vs Nu

The reported error indicates that the redirect is failing inside the Apache service and not being successfully passed to our backend CGI script. Since only a premature end error is being returned, I cannot be certain of a resolution as there are a large number of potential causes for this error.

Can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature? Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.
I need to get my Sr to open ticket but he is in vacation,So if you could help me with commands i can send you logs

the clients are irritated because of this,Please assist here or in PM @cPanelBrianK

cPanelBrianK

Technical Analyst III
Staff member
Sep 5, 2018
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This error indicates there is a failure caused by permissions or a resource allocation failure for the Apache service. To effectively review this, we would need to audit your server environment, Apache configuration, and related RPM packages. Due to this, it is not feasible to provide the numerous potential commands necessary to locate the source of this failure.

If you are unable to submit a support request at this time, I would advise you to start by checking the ea-apache RPM packages for unexpected modifications. You can use the rpmverify command on the packages to check for changes and compare them to a working server to verify if these are expected. Since your local account data and settings will modify many configuration files, there is not a clear list I can provide.

If you are using a virtual environment such as Virtuozzo that may reach memory allocation restrictions, I would advise checking with your hosting provider to verify if your instance is reaching its limits. Any memory restrictions including custom Rlimit settings can result in this error if the Apache service is not able to access the memory it needs.

The following articles may be of assistance as well.

500 Internal Server Error

How To Configure Apache's RLimits Directive Form WHM Interface?

Vs Nu

Jul 17, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This error indicates there is a failure caused by permissions or a resource allocation failure for the Apache service. To effectively review this, we would need to audit your server environment, Apache configuration, and related RPM packages. Due to this, it is not feasible to provide the numerous potential commands necessary to locate the source of this failure.

If you are unable to submit a support request at this time, I would advise you to start by checking the ea-apache RPM packages for unexpected modifications. You can use the rpmverify command on the packages to check for changes and compare them to a working server to verify if these are expected. Since your local account data and settings will modify many configuration files, there is not a clear list I can provide.

If you are using a virtual environment such as Virtuozzo that may reach memory allocation restrictions, I would advise checking with your hosting provider to verify if your instance is reaching its limits. Any memory restrictions including custom Rlimit settings can result in this error if the Apache service is not able to access the memory it needs.

The following articles may be of assistance as well.

500 Internal Server Error

How To Configure Apache's RLimits Directive Form WHM Interface?
Thanks it got solved