Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cpanel/Whm work on an VPS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sh33pz, Aug 25, 2010.

1. sh33pz

sh33pz Registered

Hello,

I have bought the Cpanel/WHM... I'm about to change to a vps... so does this work on vps? or will it downgrade itself to cpanel/whm for vps? or do I have to pay for a new lic?

Thanks

2. serlex

serlex Well-Known Member

I believe there is a different licence for VPS cpanel, better put a ticket in with Cpanel with your details

3. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Different license needed

cPanel works the same on a VPS as on a dedicated server. On a VPS, cPanel contains many optimizations to make use of resources that are usually more limited than on a dedicated server, but the product functions the same from the user's perspective.

However, a different license is required to run cPanel on a VPS. Please contact our customer service department at cs@cpanel.net for license pricing information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...