The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel & WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon-Knight, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Dragon-Knight

Dragon-Knight Member

Dear sirs,

Will I get both WHM & cPanel if I purchase cPanel? I am planning to buy a dedicated server from ezzi.net. They provide me with three options for control panel. Webmin, Plesk & cPanel. I will choose cPanel & they will install it. But is WHM already included in cPanel?

Regards,
    Dragon Knight

2. dazerrackers

dazerrackers Well-Known Member

WHM is part of the cPanel software. So yes it does come with it.

3. Dragon-Knight

Dragon-Knight Member

Thanks for answering me... What about Fantastico? I know that it is add-on module for cPanel. But is it easy to install it?

Besides, we are planning to use FreeBSD server. Is it possible to install Apache-ASP there? Is it also come together with cPanel? (I see apache-asp in layer1.cpanel.net)

Which billing software is good, apart from Modern Bill? Is there any open source billing software that can be used with cPanel?

I am sorry if my questions annoy you guys. Because I am still new to web hosting biz and other things, I need to know many.

Regards,
    Tay Zar

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Fantastico is a third-party add-on product, and these days is very easy to install.

cPanel does not come with Apache::ASP, but a search of these forums should through up peoples experience with installing and running it (though ASP is always best run on a Windows server).

I'm not sure if phpCoin actually hooks into cPanel these days, but it's probably the best known of the open source. I cannot recommend any since we do ours with in-house scripts.