The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel With Built in Support Ticketing?!?!

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Err0r, Nov 29, 2003.

?

Would Adding a Support Ticketing system to Cpanel Be great?

1. Good Idea???

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. Not needed and not worth the time

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. Err0r

Err0r Member

I think To help make Cpanel a total Package *"even though it pretty much is"* they should also ad in a built in support ticketing system something similar to perl-desk i am sure if it is added it will make Cpanel wanted more and more since it will be easier on Web Companies not having to install a ton of other things

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I think some people think it should flush also. My opinion is it sould be doing about what it is already ..also providing api docs and a way to control just about anything from external scripts. That's what it does. It controls hosting accounts and end user management for end users as well as helps manage and control services that are integrated by cpanel.

From an outsider it may sound like given vast list of things it does already that it wouldn't be out of the question for a TT system. But I really don't want to see it there. Nor do I want to see billing integrated. Some things are just better off left to personal preference. I would rather see Nick and co. concentrate on making what is there better first. I really don't want to be a all-in-one "Alaba**a" type product. You start to loose control that way. My 2 cents anway.

3. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The one thing that would be nice, would for at least the ability to pass info outside of cPanel more easily. Such if the user has logged into cPanel be able to pass login info to another program. Have a mod or something so that we can use <cpanel print 'info'> in normal programs.

Just a thought.

(why is my butt so itchy?)

4. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

Just a note:
    There is integrated ticketing coming, far off, but there is already a little of it on your server already. This will integrate with clustering, once it is eventually finished.

I agree with dgbaker, add a little better integratability and you have the perfect program.
    The other alternative is to have these modules except be able to turn them off; only make a rule that Nick can't work on them ;) They have to hire a new coder just for that and let Nick continue what he's doing.

5. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

I agree. Some things like billing and helpdesks have many options and it is better to choose our own. Instead of adding more features that are already available externally, the ability to work with external software can be improved.

Cpanel has occasional problems which is usually just because of the fact that not everyone is using the same system or setup. The more that is added to cpanel, the more problems there will be.

6. mainarea

mainarea Active Member

Right - there's barely any of it, but I did try to see if anything would work with what they made so far - nothing did though. Didn't Nick say that clustering would probably be functional in release 6.4? It still hasn't seen the light of day yet.

- Matt

7. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you would want this. Why not just select the ticketdesk of your choice (cerberus is mine) and add in a ticket button into the cpanel theme that creates the ticket? Or intergrate it anyway you like

This way we can all have the support desk of our choosing...