Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel with SpamAssassin - Cannot Disable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ecohvac, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ecohvac

ecohvac Registered

Hi,

I'm currently using cPanel Version 11.28.45 with SpamAssassin. Due to the amount of spam we were receiving I enabled SpamAssassin. I then enabled Spam Box and created a rule to forward the spam to a specific email address. I found that SpamAssassin was picking up legitimate emails as spam but letting most of the spam through. I then disabled SpamAssassin and Spam Box as well as deleting the rule that forwards the email. After doing this the emails still keep getting forwarded to the address I originally set up. I've also tried moving the configuration files in the SpamAssassin folder without success. I go back into SpamAssassin and it says it is disabled as well as Spam Box being disabled. I've also gone into SpamAssassin™ Configuration and set the score as 10 or zero and its still filters. Can anyone advise how I can either uninstall SpamAssassin or permanently disable it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Kevin