Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel3-skel directory not working with WHM API 1

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by endtek, Feb 4, 2018.

1. endtek

endtek Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If I create an account via WHM then the files from /home/username/cpanel3-skel/ are copied.

If I create an account via API 1 then the files are not copied. I am using owner as the reseller name. The files are there. WHM shows the new account is owned by the reseller.
    Code:

https://hostname.example.com:2087/cpsess##########/json-api/createacct?api.version=1&username=user&domain=example.com&plan=package_name&featurelist=default&quota=0&password=12345luggage&ip=n&cgi=1&hasshell=1&contactemail=user%40seconddomain.com&cpmod=paper_lantern&maxftp=5&maxsql=5&maxpop=10&maxlst=5&maxsub=1&maxpark=1&maxaddon=1&bwlimit=500&language=en&useregns=1&hasuseregns=1&reseller=0&forcedns=1&mailbox_format=mdbox&mxcheck=local&max_email_per_hour=500&max_defer_fail_percentage=80&owner=reseller_username

#1 endtek, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018
  2. endtek

endtek Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Solution: Using root API key, not the reseller API key.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm glad to see you were able to solve the issue. Thank you for sharing the outcome.