The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel3-skel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by master68, Feb 6, 2006.

1. master68

master68 Registered

Hello,
    as we all already know that the index file uploaded to the cpanel3-skel directory will show in the public-html directory new account after creating them...
    my question is does anyone know what tag i can insert in that index file to insert the new created domain? example i will write in the index file uploaded to the cpanel3-skel DOMAIN.COM is parked on our servers and this site is still under construction so when i create the account the tag will replace the domain.com with the domain created and the index showed in the publich_html of the new account created will show when accessed:
    NEWCREATEDDOMAIN.COM is parked on our servers and this site is still under construction
    i hope i can find anyone who can help in this
    thanx a lot
    joe

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

There are posts here about using a PHP page and inserting the URL based on the URL that called it. Another option if you want more control is my postwwwacct script which lets you use placeholders to do lots of customizing when an account is created, but you have to be the server owner to use it. My scripts can be found in my sig below if interested. You will want the one that says "postwwwacct - modify skeleton files upon account creation".

3. master68

master68 Registered

thank u mike for ur reply...
    Unfortunatelly i don't own the server, i am just a reseller and i bought resellers packages from 4 different providers... so what do u recommend for this case can you provide me with any cgi or php script to use it and call the domain upon creating it from the WHM or is there any javascript that can do this i don't think so... anyway i just need your help and thx in advance
    joe

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Make your skeleton file index page index.php with this code:
    Code:
    <?php
    $host = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_HOST'];
    ?>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title><?="$host"?></title>
    </head>

<body bgcolor="#fdf3d0" text="#000000" link="#0000ff" alink="#ff00ff" vlink="#ff0000">

<p align="center">
    Welcome To<br>
    <?="$host"?></p>

</body>
    </html>

5. beekeeper

beekeeper Active Member

Skel

If you don't like to use PHP file then you can do same with index.shtml file:

<html>
    <body>
    Welcome to <!--#echo var="HTTP_HOST" -->
    </body>
    </html>

6. ryno267

ryno267 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i get the host display, but if the dns hasn't resolved yet then you'd get the server host name instead...

are there any freee scripts or sites detailing variables available to cpanel accounts?