The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kram, Dec 15, 2001.

1. kram

kram Registered

I have been looking for this program Cpanel3. I can not find it anywhere. I have found several webhosting companies that use this control panel. It is a really nice feature. I would like to put this program on my webserver. does anyone know where I can find this software Cpanel3? Thanks for your time! :)

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Ummmmmmmmmm.....
    Check out http://www.cpanel.net
    The distributors are listed on the right frame there- those are the companies that can hook you up with the software and/or a license for it, which is required if you intend on running CPanel fully blown on your linux webserver.

Peace. :D

3. kram

kram Registered

I did not see on any of these distributors a place to order the software? I did see where I can order there webhosting service. That is not what I need. Also I am running Windows 2000 with Apache not Linux. Here is a link to the Cpanel3 demo I am talking about. http://www.jurassicdot.com/host/CPanel3Demo.htm Thanks for your time. :)

4. Brian Farkas

Brian Farkas Well-Known Member

Hi kram,
    If you send an email to one of those distributors, I\'m sure they will be able to give you information relating to purchasing the product.

I think running cpanel on Windows 2000 might present a problem, but I\'m not completely sure about that; you\'ll want to check with the distributor when you send the email.

Good luck,

Brian

5. kram

kram Registered

Well I am pretty new at this. My webserver is somewhat private. For people I know and stuff. I just run it off my local Road Runner line. I once had a webhost provider and my account was on a Windows 2000 server and I had a control panel as part of the account package. I kinda find it hard to beleive that this being a Cpanel support site that all you guys can do for me is tell me to email a webhost provider? Have none of you ever purchased this software yourself? Is this an ancient chinense secret? Thanks for your time.

6. Brian Farkas

Brian Farkas Well-Known Member

Kram,
    You are going to have to purchase through a distributor either way. If you visit the burstnet/liquidweb sites, they do have an online order form. It looks like Powersurge requests you to send them an email, and Site5 doesn\'t have a page up at all.

Personally, I got cpanel through Site5 since we purchased our server through them. The distributor you choose to buy the product from, though, is up to you. Just a bit of advice: No matter which distributor you\'re thinking about, test out their support response time prior to buying.

Good luck,

Brian

7. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Email carlos@datacolo.com

He sells outside versions. It\'s also important to note that it\'s a subscription thing.Win2K ...don\'t think so.
    You pay generally $99 per month, every month or it stops working. It is really meant for hosting companies with hundreds of accounts. And yes I think 99.9% of everyone on this board pay every month for it :)