Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel_dovecot_solr_maintenance error email

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nirjonadda, May 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nirjonadda

Nirjonadda Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please let me know that why I am getting this email? If this any error we have?

Code:
    Cpanel::Exception::HTTP::Server/(XID v8dt6h) The response to the <abbr title="Hypertext Transfer Protocol">HTTP</abbr> “GET” request from “http://vln3nCgn0NeJxige:__HIDDEN__@127.0.0.1:8984/solr/dovecot/update?optimize=true” indicated an error (401, Unauthorized): <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv=…
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 330.
        Cpanel::Exception::create("HTTP::Server", HASH(0x1ed5870)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 46
        Cpanel::Exception::__ANON__(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, HASH(0x1ed5870)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HTTP/Client.pm line 118
        Cpanel::HTTP::Client::request(Cpanel::HTTP::Client=HASH(0x1885840), "GET", "http://vln3nCgn0NeJxige:__CPANEL_URLPW_HIDDEN__\@127.0.0.1:8984/solr/"..., HASH(0x1885d98)) called at (eval 5) line 6
        HTTP::Tiny::get(Cpanel::HTTP::Client=HASH(0x1885840), "http://vln3nCgn0NeJxige:__CPANEL_URLPW_HIDDEN__\@127.0.0.1:8984/solr/"...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/scripts/cpanel_dovecot_solr_maintenance line 54
        scripts::cpanel_dovecot_solr_maintenance::run("scripts::cpanel_dovecot_solr_maintenance") called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/scripts/cpanel_dovecot_solr_maintenance line 38

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This message suggests Chkservd is unable to verify the Solr service is working properly. Please post the output from the following commands:

Code:
    rpm -qa|grep solr
    cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
    netstat -npl | grep :8984
    /scripts/restartsrv_base cpanel-dovecot-solr --status
    Thank you.

3. Nirjonadda

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Code:
    [root@na ~]# rpm -qa|grep solr
    cpanel-dovecot-solr-6.4.0-47.1.noarch
    [root@na ~]# cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
    [root@na ~]# netstat -npl | grep :8984
    tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:8984          :::*                    LISTEN      3359/java
    [root@na ~]# /scripts/restartsrv_base cpanel-dovecot-solr --status
    cpanel-dovecot-solr (/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0/bin/java -server -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:ConcGCThreads=4 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+CMSScavengeBeforeRemark -XX:PretenureSizeThreshold=64m -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:CMSMaxAbortablePrecleanTime=6000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -Xloggc:/home/cpanelsolr/server/logs/solr_gc.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=9 -XX:GCLogFileSize=20M -Dsolr.log.dir=/home/cpanelsolr/server/logs -Djetty.port=8984 -DSTOP.PORT=7984 -DSTOP.KEY=solrrocks -Dhost=127.0.0.1 -Duser.timezone=UTC -Djetty.home=/home/cpanelsolr/server -Dsolr.solr.home=/home/cpanelsolr/server/solr -Dsolr.install.dir=/home/cpanelsolr -Xss256k -Dsolr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime=3000 -Dsolr.log.muteconsole -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/home/cpanelsolr/bin/oom_solr.sh 8984 /home/cpanelsolr/server/logs -jar start.jar --module=http) is running as cpanelsolr with PID 3359 (systemd check method).
    [root@na ~]#

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Would you mind opening a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look and determine what's happening?

Thank you.

5. Nirjonadda

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Support Request ID is: 8461919

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, this was addressed by running the dovecot_ftp setup script:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/scripts/setup_cpanel_dovecot_fts
    Thank you.

7. petersphilo

petersphilo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    i am having the exact same issue..

is there something i should know before running the dovecot_ftp setup script?

Thank you

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This script updates the authentication details in the /etc/dovecot/fts.conf file. No additional changes are required after running this command.

Thank you.

petersphilo likes this.
  9. petersphilo

petersphilo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello, i ran the script mentioned in post #6 yesterday, but i still received the same error email this morning -- the exact same as the OP, word for word except for the hash values and tinyurls...

Just to be sure, this is the script that i ran:
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/scripts/setup_cpanel_dovecot_fts
    But received no feedback regarding that specific operation -- neither at the command line, nor via email

i found a mention of this script somewhere in the documentation:
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/install_dovecot_fts
    but maybe it is useless since the Dovecot full text search feature must already be installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thank you!

Just a quick note, i ran the diagnostics demanded of the OP and here are the values for my server:
    Code:
    root@host [~]# rpm -qa|grep solr
    cpanel-dovecot-solr-6.4.0-48.1.noarch
    root@host [~]# cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
    root@host [~]# netstat -npl | grep :8984
    tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:8984          :::*                    LISTEN      1437/java
    root@host [~]# /scripts/restartsrv_base cpanel-dovecot-solr --status
    cpanel-dovecot-solr (/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0/bin/java -server -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:ConcGCThreads=4 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+CMSScavengeBeforeRemark -XX:PretenureSizeThreshold=64m -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:CMSMaxAbortablePrecleanTime=6000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -Xloggc:/home/cpanelsolr/server/logs/solr_gc.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=9 -XX:GCLogFileSize=20M -Dsolr.log.dir=/home/cpanelsolr/server/logs -Djetty.port=8984 -DSTOP.PORT=7984 -DSTOP.KEY=solrrocks -Dhost=127.0.0.1 -Duser.timezone=UTC -Djetty.home=/home/cpanelsolr/server -Dsolr.solr.home=/home/cpanelsolr/server/solr -Dsolr.install.dir=/home/cpanelsolr -Xss256k -Dsolr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime=3000 -Dsolr.log.muteconsole -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/home/cpanelsolr/bin/oom_solr.sh 8984 /home/cpanelsolr/server/logs -jar start.jar --module=http) is running as cpanelsolr with PID 1437 (systemd check method).

#9 petersphilo, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Would you mind opening a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look and determine what's happening?

Thank you.

11. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Also just started getting this error on one server. Running ./setup_cpanel_dovecot_fts returns nothing and the error continues.
    Code:
    rpm -qa|grep solr
    cpanel-dovecot-solr-6.4.0-48.1.noarch

12. petersphilo

petersphilo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner

It looks like the issue is resolved..
    i did get the same error email as usual on the first night after running the setup_cpanel_dovecot_fts script, but maybe that process just took longer because it has been 3 nights now that i have not received the error email..

i will notify if the error email returns

Thank You Again!