The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel's backup tool for local server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brack, Dec 13, 2005.

1. brack

brack Member

Is it possible to download cPanel's backup script for using it locally. I would really like to use it for synchronization of local and remote databases.

Thank you.

2. brack

brack Member

Maybe someone knows the programm/script that would make the same file from local data that I could use for "restoration" using cPanel's backup facilities? :eek:

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Not really sure what you're after. cPanel full backups are just ordinary gzipped tarballs. They're created using /scripts/cpbackup. If you're talking about the end-user cPanel backups through the UI then it's possibly using /scripts/pkgacct to create them and you would use /scripts/restorepkg

4. brack

brack Member

I'm talking about synchronization of sites on local and remote server. I thought would be good to make a backup of files and mysql on the local server and then "restore" it using cpanel's backup facility. hope I'm clear

5. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

You should look into rsync - this is a sync tool you can use. The cpanel scripts are meant to package up the data and move it - not really to sync it.