Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cpanel's Mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by stephem, Sep 18, 2005.

1. stephem

stephem Member

In Change System Mail Preferences (WHM 10.6.0) I entered an email address to forward Cpanel's mail. Pressing the Change button told me that the mail would be forwarded to that address. However, the Preferences page subsequently shows a blank box where that email address should be. On the other hand, root's mail setting works perfectly.

Is there a bug here? Apart from waiting to see if messages do actually arrive, where can I check, and if necessary, enter the cpanel's mail address manually?

Thanks

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Probably a bug. You can check the alias in /etc/localaliases

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stephem

stephem Member

Thanks, it is in /etc/localaliases, so it's just that WHM isn't reading it properly. Should I report what is really a trivial bug and, if so, where?

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

IF it's not already been done, you should indeed report it no matter how trivial :) You can do so by creating an entry in:
    http://bugzilla.cpanel.net

But do a search first inacase it is already in there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stephem

stephem Member

There's a very similar bug 3208 there so added my problem to it (complete with typos :eek: )