The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel's Transfer Assistance Program

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by whoopee, Mar 14, 2009.

1. whoopee

whoopee Member

I want to change the data centre where I am running DirectAdmin to a new data centre with cPanel. The Transfer Assistance program by cPanel offer assistance for this transfer and I would like to know what the assistance covers? More specifically my interest is: can existing email addresses for the 30 odd domains on my server be transferred to a new cPanel server maintaining the same passwords which of course I do not know?

The new data centre are unable to help with this transfer and know of no "scripts" and as they will hold the cPanel lic I cannot raise a ticket until I commit to the transfer.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in anticipation...

2. JPC-Martin

JPC-Martin Active Member
    PartnerNOC

As you told that control panel on your old host is not same as you have on your current server. So accounts will not be transfered automatically and you will have to transfer them manually because both control panel have their own application structure. In this manual transfer all the email accounts, emails and database users etc. will not be moved. Only web-contents and databases can be moved from the old host.For further assistance you can ask your hosting support so that they explain you in detail that why this job can not be done.

3. whoopee

whoopee Member

Thanks for that information. :(

4. JPC-Martin

JPC-Martin Active Member
    PartnerNOC

You are always Welcome friend :)