The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanelsync High Memory Usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msmollin, Nov 22, 2006.

1. msmollin

msmollin Registered

Hey everyone, I'm posting because a couple of hours ago I got phone calls from my clients on the webserver I manage for them that the memory usage was rather high, and they were afraid their queries against the DB might crash the server. So I looked into it, and it came out that cpanelsync, one of the scripts, was being run as root, had been going for well over 2 hours, and was sucking up 67% of ram and about 50% of swap...... alone.

So, I killed the PID, and everything seems to be back to normal. What I want to know is, am I going to have todo this everytime, or is that a rare occurence, or is that a head scratcher? I'm still relatively new to the products (used to doing it the old fashion way of command line management), so I don't know if killing that process hosed something, or if it will re-run at a later date. Thanks!

--Matt--

2. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    that script is probably run from a crontab, as root, so edit root's crontab, and change the time it's supposed to run to a time when the server is not used that much, say between 2am & 5 am