The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanelX-Server Status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by home96000, Sep 15, 2004.

1. home96000

home96000 Registered

Sep 15, 2004
    In as per said, I notice that there is a flashing red-spot on an item:
    interchange marked 'failed'.

Q1: Shouldn't it be green?

Q2: What's this 'interchange'?

PS: My website, is with, your web server.

Q3: I use WS_FTP Pro v8.03 to upload my webpage. But somehow it doesn't work and this is
    shown in c-PanelX control panel File Manager.
    How can I use File Manager to upload my webpage then just in case that all else fail?

Q4: Just in case the answer to Q4 fail to materialize, I would like to transfer this domain to a more appropriate web-hosting server. How can this be carried
    out smoothly? What's your DNS numbers?
  2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2001
    ON, Canada
    First, cpanel isn't your hosting provider. Cpanel doesn't offer hosting. is just a hosting company that uses cpanel software. Out of curiousity, I went to to find out what gave you the impression that your site is at cpanel and I saw this in their support page:

Our support staff will answer any questions and help to fix any problems related to your web hosting account. We are NOT able to provide technical support for software or services provided by third parties including programs provided under cPanel. Technical support for each of those products can be obtained via the developer's website.

Their last line is not quite right. End user support for using cpanel can be found here, but cpanel issues like yours are things you can do nothing about. Only the hosting provider,, can do anything about the interchange red light.

Are you uploading your site to the folder you get when you log in? Most people do unless instructed on how to upload the site. When you connect, you will see a folder called "public_html". You need to change to that one and upload there.

You can upload with file manager, but still need to upload to the right folder.

As for your last question, as stated earlier, cpanel isn't a hosting provider, but if you're looking for a good hosting provider, one who will help with questions, check out the posters signatures and you will find many choices. Many of us here are hosting providers.

It's pretty easy to transfer an account to a new provider if you decide to.