The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpbackup empty tar's?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by apea2rh, Jul 16, 2007.

1. apea2rh

apea2rh Member

Hi Eveyone

I've just found out that our backup's have been failing and all the tar.gz files are 1016 bytes in size?

I'm investigating the logs now, but does anyone know what would cause this? I've also have no notification of any issues so I'm very glad I've spotted this.

Thanks

Ash

2. apea2rh

apea2rh Member

Found the problem,

seems after the last update the cpbackup script was failing due to my call for it in cron, I added a switch to allow the backups to be rsyncable which was the cause of the failure.

3. MaraBlue

MaraBlue Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would you mind sharing the details of that switch? My nightly backups are working, yet since July 13th (when we upgraded to the latest 10.x version) they've been different. Rather than creating a directory with the date of the backup (i.e.: "Thursday_20070712"), the nightly backups are now being written into the "daily" directory.

Problem is, each night it's over-writing the file that was there. This may actually be a good thing, that there's only one copy of a backup....it's just different behavior than I'm used to and I want to make sure the backups are correct.