The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpbackup is missing log file in email

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Cyberbest, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Cyberbest

Cyberbest Member

The backups run just fine and I can see the actual log file in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup But the mail I received in the last few days say the normal "Please see the attached log file." But there are no log files attached. I don't show any errors that I can find so don't know where to look. The actual backup log file looks normal, it's just not attached to the mail.

Thanks,
    Joel

2. Cyberbest

Cyberbest Member

Well, I have it figured out. The problem is in the Contact Manager. I have the need for normal server maintenance messages to come to one mail address and the account messages to go to another address. So I figure I would use the contact manager and set up the person that needs the accounts as the email user and the server admin to go to the pager email address. What I didn't realize is the pager address won't 'send' the attached file. I get the mail just no attachments. Of course these days, phones probably get a high amount email and I expected attachments also.. But I guess not. So anyway I got over the hump. But it sure had me going.

Joel