The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpbackup pause feature

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by demomen, Oct 25, 2005.

1. demomen

demomen Well-Known Member

What do you think of this addition?

If you have your cpu set to a low load it can take quite some time for cpbackup to complete. I would like some sort of pause feature so you can pause cpbackup after it complete's what it is doing (last backup), and then you can resume it later, for example after the busy period.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

How do you see this as differing from the current situation where the backup process will pause if the load average is too high?

3. demomen

demomen Well-Known Member

I could pause it completely throught out the day and have it run the next evening during the night

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Then you might as well just start the back earlier, otherwise the backups will run into each other. The only real solution to overrunning backups is to either reduce the amount of data you are backing up, or to upgrade the hardware you're using wherever the bottleneck is appearing in the process. Backups are, byt their nature, very I/O CPU and memory intensive - usually in that order.