The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpbackup -- touch: No such file or directory

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by astopy, Dec 18, 2009.

1. astopy

astopy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have three servers, all of which are configured to back up to a CIFS share. On two of the servers, cpbackup bails out with "touch: cannot touch `/nas-backup/(hostname)/cpbackup/daily': No such file or directory", where /nas-backup is the mount point for the CIFS share (which is always mounted) and the backup destination in WHM is /nas-backup/(hostname).

All three servers are configured identically (as far as I can see), and cpbackup works when I run it manually. Any ideas?

2. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Through which user is this cron/cpbackup run/configured? It has to be root to be more specific to perform such tasks..

3. rgpayne

rgpayne Well-Known Member

Perm. mount --

check your conifgure under backup configurations and see if they match server by server

4. astopy

astopy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's in root's crontab on all three servers.

After diffing /etc/cpbackup.conf, the only difference between servers is the hostname in the backup destination.

At the moment I'm thinking that the CIFS connection might be timing out on two of the servers -- I assumed that the network would be able to handle all three running at once, but maybe not. I'll reschedule them and see what happens.