The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpbackups errors and upgrade to MySQL 5.0

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Imago, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Imago

Imago Active Member

Is it possible to upgrade to MySQL 5.0.xx in the current environment and how to do it?

There are irrepairable dump errors in the 4.1.xx series for cp1251 charset and collation, so no cpbackups are working correctly. In fact, using the cpbackup makes the Cyrillic sites look like scrap - because of two letters being incorrectly rendered, И and ш. The same two letters cannot be viewed unless the collation used is cp1251_general_ci. When using utf8 from the start, they turn into, respectively, п and ѿ, on the fly, by pressing the send button.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=17151

2. Imago

Imago Active Member

Seems that the connection charset is not set properly for mysqldump. When I execute

mysqldump --default-character-set=cp1251 my_database > my_database.sql

importing the dump back, results in correct characters. The same when using others' dumps, say, the wikipedia ones.

My further question then is how to tell the server to use cp1251 for connection purposes when creating the dumps for the cpbackups?

TIA

P.S. character_set_connection is cp1251

#2 Imago, Feb 7, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2006