The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpdavd on server.domain.com failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nightaddix, Jul 14, 2011.

1. nightaddix

nightaddix Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

I am not sure what exactly happened last night but I've seen 3 customers today stating they got emails like the below :

Subject: cpdavd on server.domain.com failed
    Sent: Jul 14, 2011 08:51
    cpdavd failed @ Thu Jul 14 00:50:59 2011. A restart was attempted automagically.
    Service Check Method: [tcp connect]
    Failure Reason: Service check failed to complete

All 3 customers had their cPanel running the STABLE version. I've switched them to RELEASE, ran /scripts/upcp --force and /scripts/checkperlmodules --force. Is anyone else seeing these errors / does anyone know the reason why this suddenly happened ? Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did this message only happen for a very short timeperiod and then stop occurring?

This has been reported in some tickets to occur during the initial cPanel update from 11.28 to 11.30 where the service is still installing and so appears to be offline during that update to chksrvd. Once the update completes, it normally begins working again without any further failure messages.

3. nightaddix

nightaddix Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Thank you for your reply. A customer just reported that these emails are coming in every 5 minutes. The customers which had cPanel updated to RELEASE and had their Perl modules re-installed didn't sent anymore complaints. Thanks.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you have it happen on any other machine, please open up a ticket if upcp is no longer running and the emails are continuing to send on STABLE. STABLE and RELEASE are both on the same version right now (version 11.30.1.4), so one shouldn't be behaving differently than the other.

5. nightaddix

nightaddix Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

I am asking the customer the approval to provide the login details to you guys. If he agrees, we'll open up a ticket. Thanks.

6. nightaddix

nightaddix Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

I thought it would be nice to update this thread. Unfortunately, the customer didn't want the login details to be given and this was apparently solved by disabling webdav.