The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpeasyapache folder location

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by VeZoZ, Mar 20, 2009.

1. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am wondering how cPanel determines where to put the cpeasyapache folder when easyapache is ran? I have noticed that in some cases it gets thrown in /usr/home rather than /home . In each case it looks like a backup restored from another host had their home folder in /usr so there is a symbolic link to an account there.

Is this a bug maybe that is causing cpeasyapache to be put into the wrong folder? If so could this be resolved? If this is somehow intended how exactly does it determine where to put the folder? I'd really like to know as I have software that relies on where this folder is put and now it's unpredictable where it ends up so I have to find it then move it to where it used to be in every case.

2. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Anyone? I just did not want to make a support ticket to ask a question like this :(

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It uses the same functions that account creation use: check for the partition with the most free space and use it.

Which partitions are used is determined by the values of Home Directory Prefix and Default Home Directory as specified in the Basic cPanel/WHM Setup interface.

4. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

It did not do that then. It used /usr which had 20GB free while the true /home had 200GB free. It does not create new accounts /usr but cpeasyapache folder gets dumped in there as /usr/home/cpeasyapache

I guess setting "Home Directory Prefix" to blank would fix this I assume? Silly hosts out there using /usr/home ...