The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPHulk blocking issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by warrenceoo, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. warrenceoo

warrenceoo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all, I'm getting a lot of complain from client that their they unable to connect to the server, every time I check is due to their IP blocked because of several time of fail login attempt to their email account. So my question is:

1. Why is there so many fail attempts from my client although they said they did not fail to login because they are using email client like outlook and thunderbird, the password is saved in the email client already.

2. How do I set to have block on email account when there is a fail login instead of blocking the IP and causing the whole company email accounts not accessible?

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can review /var/log/maillog or the "History Reports" tab in "WHM >> cPHulk Brute Force Detection" to see a list of failed login attempts to the email accounts in-question. To have the accounts locked, but not the offending IP address, you can disable IP Address-Based protection in "WHM >> cPHulk Brute Force Detection".

Thank you.