CpHulk + csf/lfd suite

Bdzzld

Apr 3, 2004
Hi,

Because CpHulk and lfd guard against the same security thread, I was wondering if someone was using both at the same time and has experienced a different outcome.

E.g. CpHulk blocked the culprit but lfd did not or the other way around. I.a.w. if you're already using the csf/lfd suite, is enabling CpHulk worth the extra resources?

Thanks.

bmcpanel

Jun 1, 2002
Hi,

Because CpHulk and lfd guard against the same security thread, I was wondering if someone was using both at the same time and has experienced a different outcome.

E.g. CpHulk blocked the culprit but lfd did not or the other way around. I.a.w. if you're already using the csf/lfd suite, is enabling CpHulk worth the extra resources?

Thanks.
I use CSF/LFD. I have CPHulk disabled. I cannot see how anything can work better than CSF/LFD. Install it and read your logs and look at how much it protects you. It is also easily configured.

Bdzzld

Apr 3, 2004
Hi,

Thanks for your input.
We also use the csf/lfd suite on all servers and have cphulk disabled by default.
I guess there's no apparent reason then why we should enable it...

bmarshallbri

Jan 11, 2006
RE: cPHulk LFD

I run them both side by side and have not had any problems. They do not seem to interfere with each other. One more tripwire is how I see it.

I have more experience with LFD and have a lot more confidence in it and find it easier to configure. cPHulk is a bit trigger happy for me, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with how it's configured.