The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPHulk locked me out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by halyconprime, Apr 13, 2009.

1. halyconprime

halyconprime Registered

Someone is trying to hack my server and CPHulf locked all accounts, not jsut he users ip like it says it does. I ahve to get my fraking server reprovisioned because godaddy is too stupid to fix it.

Then after the reprovision, before I can even finish configuring the new insall of cpanel, I am locked out again.

I cannot get into ssh, whm, or cpanel on any domain, ip address, or account.

WTF is up with the paranoid settings cpanel builds into the software? WHM is useless if I am locked out!!!!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not you, could be something as simple as your editor or ftp software trying to connect with bad details, or someone else's computer in your home/office doing the same.

I'm having the same problem today which brings me to your post. In my case, I didn't have any bad logins from my ip address, but I think I was locked out because of too many failed login attempts as root (which I would have thought was exempt from being locked out, it's not). I tried to wait, but with my patience wearing thin, I decided to just contact my data center and have them turn off cPHulk.

cphulk works great, until you realize that it ends up causing you soo much headache, especially if it blocks the wrong ip address.

PuReWebDev