The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPHulk Whitelist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by radar81, Jul 10, 2015.

1. radar81

radar81 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have had a VPS from GoDaddy for about a year now. I don't access WHM very often, but on a few occasions, I have received the error "The login is invalid." According to GoDaddy tech support, CPHulk was blocking my IP which had probably been changed by my ISP. Each time this incident occurs their tech whitelisted my IP in CPHulk. How can I address this issue proactively so that I don't have to contact GoDaddy support in order to get into WHM? I don't want to disable of course, but I want to have the protection it offers without the inconvenience. Please advise.

Thanks

2. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Do you know if you are whitelisted in CSF as well? Most site owners overlook this area so be sure to check it out. We always navigate to Home » Plugins » ConfigServer Security & Firewall and then verify that our client's IP address is in Firewall Allow IPs as it allows CIDR addressing and rarely have someone locked out.

With the CIDR addressing, 74.125.0.0/16 (for example) would cover from 74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255. Smartphones (on mobile data) tend to keep the same IP address so if you have one, the smartphone can be use as a backup to get into WHM so be sure to add it as well.

radar81 likes this.
  3. radar81

radar81 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the reply. That sounds like a great suggestion. It doesn't appear that I have ConfigServer Security & Firewall installed on my server. The server is a VPS from GoDaddy.
    • CENTOS 6.6
    • WHM 11.50.0 (build 20)

Is ConfigServer Security & Firewall something that I would need to install? I'm a newbie admin and not totally comfortable with this yet...

Thanks!

#3 radar81, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, it's a third-party firewall management tool that's available at:

http://www.configserver.com/cp/cpanel.html

Installation instructions are available on their website.

Thank you.