The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cphulkd during installation.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 517634, Feb 27, 2014.

1. 517634

517634 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So I now how a VPS that I'm trying to install cPanel on. My friend advised me that the installation takes quite a bit of time and that it would be safe to start it and go to sleep. I did so and woke to the installer hanging on cphulkd. Due to the large wall of text I pasted the output here. /http://pastebin.com/2KR4GCc4 The ssh connection to my server is still active, although to stop the current process I'd have to hit control+c. So what should I do from here?

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Open a separate SSH connection and kill whatever process is hanging the install. If you have nothing else running on this server, just do 'top' and it will probably stand out.

3. 517634

517634 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Okay well I figured out what was going on with cphulkd showing up during installation.

So before each install I went into the VPS's power panel and did an OS Reload. There are two options when preforming this task. You can either have all the contents of the previous install moved to a folder called "/old" and keep the original password database. Or you can have a completely fresh installation. I was using the aforementioned technique that simply moved the original contents.

I'm not sure if it was this or if it was keeping the original PW database but one of those things caused the VPS not to drop the cphulkd database. After doing a completely fresh OS Reload my cPanel install ran flawlessly. The only issue was with the inability to drop the horde database as shown /http://pastebin.com/1CiN6jWx

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am happy to see the installation completed successfully. Feel free to open a new thread about Horde if it's not working properly.

Please note that you can post log snippets using the "CODE" tags in the forum post instead of linking to a pastebin URL.

Thank you.