The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpmove not working for sites with large mySQL DB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by apc1, Aug 2, 2005.

1. apc1

apc1 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am moving sites with large mySQL DB's using the "copy account from another server with account password" function, but it fails every time with:

UNLINKED
    Checksum Matches!
    pkgacctfile is: /home/cpmove-account_name.tar.gz
    MOVE IS GOOD!
    Extracting tarball....Done
    cpmove- prefix is missing, but non prefixed directory exists.. cpmove- prefix discarded
    Extracting Domain....Done
    Sorry, the copy failed. Unable to find the cpanel user file. Is the archive missing (cwd: /home loaded account_name/cp/account_name)?
    Extract Failed
    Invalid Account

I checked the cpmove file afterwards and is a zero byte size. It looks as if it copied accross OK but then got truncated in the extract process.

I am not sure whether this applies to large sites generally or just those with large DB's. Can this be fixed or is there another way of moving these sites from server to server?

Thanks.

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

To transfer the account from shell :-
    -------------------------------------
    /scripts/pkgacct <username> >>>> Will create a file for that particular account as cpmove-<username>.tar.gz in /home dir.

Transfer this file to the required server.

Login to another server :-
    Move the above specified file to /home dir.
    Execute the command :-
    /scripts/restorepkg <username>

That will do. :)

3. maskmoataz

maskmoataz Member

hello
    but if i don't have any shell acsses on the server which have the account iwant transfire it on my server what can i do for that :confused: :confused:
    thank you

4. kieranmullen

kieranmullen Well-Known Member

How big is your mysql db? If you dont have shell access then this is probably not the best place for support . You should contact your ISP about it instead.

5. procam

procam Well-Known Member

I had this happen recently when I moved a customer from one unit to another-
    It was not the database that was the problem but rather the cpanel user file as the error says~ I did not find a resolution for it until I ran a force upcp I found that this brought the box up to the same release as the other machine and then the acct copy worked fine for me~
    Aside from that I also had this happen when odd keys were added to the sql database or if db errors were present ~ you can try repairing db errors somethimes that helps also.
    Then retry the copy~