The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpmove path using transfer tool

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Mostafa Hussein, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Mostafa Hussein

Mostafa Hussein Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I am getting a problem while trying to use the transfer tool, when it started to transfering the tar.gz for an account i got this message:

[101027][TRANSFER:1][A:foo ]: Target “/home” on host “foo.bar.com” has 413.45 GB free and requires at least 317.91 GB free, which includes space for temporary files.

Then when restoring i got this:

[101028][RESTORE:1 ][A:foo ]: Failed: Insufficient disk space is available. “/home” on host “foo.bar.com” has 307.48 GB free and requires at least 317.91 GB free, which includes space for temporary files.
    [101028][RESTORE:1 ]: Account “foo”: Insufficient disk space is available. “/home” on host “foo.bar.com” has 307.48 GB free and requires at least 317.91 GB free, which includes space for temporary files.

Is there a way so i can make the cpmove-foo.tar.gz at a specific directory instead of home on the host where the account should be restored ? as i have another HDD for /backup with 421G available. I think it would be better if i could make use of /backup during restoration.

Thanks

2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You may need to do a manual transfer in that case. On the old server, you can package up the account using
    Code:
    # /scripts/pkgacct foo
    Upload it to the new server onto the backup drive, using scp/rsync will be best.
    Code:
    # scp /home/cpmove-foo.tar.gz remoteserver:/backup/
    # scp -p 2222 /home/cpmove-foo.tar.gz remoteserver:/backup/
    The second example is in case SSH is on an alternate port.
    Then you can simply restore it using:
    Code:
    # /scripts/restorepkg /backup/cpmove-foo.tar.gz
    That should extract it on that drive however I am not 100% certain, if it fails, then what you can do is extract that cpmove directly onto the backup server, you may have to move the tar.gz to your primary drive to extract it onto the backup drive. Then you can do:
    Code:
    # /scripts/restorepkg /backup/cpmove-foo

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

That's a large archive, and while it should work if you have sufficient space, it's likely a better idea to figure out what's taking up all of the space and transfer that data manually. For instance, is the space from any data in the account's home directory? If so, you can skip the home directory when using "WHM >> Transfer Tool" and then manually copy that data over via a utility such as rsync:

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/t...om-one-server-to-another.386331/#post-1553872

Thank you.