cpmove split files HELP

BahTech

Registered
Oct 9, 2003
I tried transfering accounts form one server and it gave me a checksum error (which it didn't download the whole file, only part of it). The server that I'm transferring from has connection problems so that didn't surprise me. I downloaded the cpmove files into the new server manualy, the files being split:
cpmove-funcent.tar.gz.part1
cpmove-funcent.tar.gz.part2
cpmove-funcent.tar.gz.part3

Now when I go to "Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file" it only lets me restore a single cpmove file not the split. How would I be able to restore this or combine them?

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Well, it would be a pain in the butt, but if you are in a hurry you could untar them somewhere and then tar them all up in the same file.

BahTech

Registered
Oct 9, 2003
This only tells me how to untar a file, I already know that. But cPanel's split files cannot just be untared, you have to use some sort of multi-volume method, which I am having trouble with.

rbmatt

Oct 21, 2002
What I assume it does is just make the tar then take the first X bytes and put it in file 1, next X, file 2, etc.
You should probably be able to do this (I'd make copies first, just in case)
cat cpmove-funcent.tar.gz.part1 cpmove-funcent.tar.gz.part2 cpmove-funcent.tar.gz.part3 cpmove-funcent.tar.gz.part4 > cpmove-funcent.tar.gz

Then check the integrity of the tar

Let me know if that works.