The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPmove to a new server = php errors

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by mitk, Aug 24, 2009.

1. mitk

mitk Well-Known Member

I took a full backup moved it from one server to another ran cpmove and everything looked good, no errors or problems reported.

when i go to a site on that server and do /~SiteName/ to check and make sure the restore was completed correctly i see these php errors

Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/daves/public_html/forum/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/iceman:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/home/daves/public_html/forum/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Now "iceman" is the site i am using to look via the tilled(~/SiteName/)

any idea what is going on? Oh this is Joomla web site. (the one i am restoring)

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Take a little closer look at the error messages you just posted ...

The username changed from the old server to the new server apparently
    and you have a program still configured to use the paths from the old account.

You need to update the configuration on the Joomla program to use the new paths!

#2 Spiral, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  3. mitk

mitk Well-Known Member

Someone told me i needed to edit the php.ini and add /home/DAVES/public_html/ to the open_basedir() and include_path directives but after looking at the php.ini file i don't think that is the fact.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Whoever told you that garbage read neither the PHP error nor the comments that you made in your first post!

In particular ...
    PHP.INI has absolutely nothing to do with your problem!

At first glance, someone might assume that you have an open_basedir issue but actually the problem is that the login name changed when the account was moved but the Joomla software was not updated to match.

You need to go into the configuration for Joomla and change the base path in there to use "/home/iceman" instead of the current "/home/daves". That's it!