The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPOP Problem...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by realtek, Feb 14, 2004.

1. realtek

realtek Registered

Hello,

I'm unsure why, but occasionall my email server stops responding to POP requested.

When accessing via POP... it keeps asking for the username/password for the account. Even after you enter it.

Then if you click cancel... it says Error Unable to find owner of the domain.

You cannot seem to resolve theissue by removing and re-adding the mail accounts, the only way I have found to remove the problem is by removing the entire domain... then restoring it or creating a new domain.

Has anyone had the same issue? It always seems to happen after upgrading/downgrading Cpanel/WHM.

I've obvisouly tried rebooting etc.. It happens to all users under the domain.

Regards,

Nick

2. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

I've had this issue every once in a while with cPanel and noticed that if I leave it alone, it will start working again, weird (usually in a couple of hours)?

The funny thing is I had experienced this with my former provider which does not use cPanel; under FreeBSD VPS system. Hopefully, someone has an answer to this or can explain it a bit better...