CPPOP and IMAP instllation failure

mherath

Dec 20, 2005
We have installed Cpanel stable release (WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-S119) on Fedora Core 6. Everything went fine, except POP and imap servers. it seems that the CPANEL installer did not install courier properly as it could not find the rpms

----
This is the courier-authlib 0.57 installer release number 6cp for platform
courier-authlib is out of date (package courier-authlib is not installed != courier-authlib-0.57-6cp)
courier-authlib-pipe is out of date (package courier-authlib-pipe is not installed != courier-authlib-pipe-0.57-6cp)
courier-authlib-devel is out of date (package courier-authlib-devel is not installed != courier-authlib-devel-0.57-6cp)
Using newyum support...

-----

Forcing an install of exim does not fix this.
Also forcing courier using /scripts/courierup --force fails

-----
Building RPM.........Timeout on recieve..Died at /scripts/cPScript/HttpRequest.pm line 84, <KR> line 1006.

Is there any other way of installing POP and imap and fix courier ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It is being addressed. Your best bet at the moment, until FC6 is officially supported, is to grab the latest SRC tarballs from our site (http://layer1.cpanel.net/pub/courierinstall) and compile it. grab the src package from the highest verson number because it has fixes specifically for FC6.

mherath

Dec 20, 2005
Thanks for all the input. I will try the compile, will post the result here for others.

mherath

Dec 20, 2005
Update on the Fedora Core 6 install

The source compile fails on my server that's running Fedora Core 6 (64-bit) on a Xeon 3.2Ghz SMP with 2 GB.

But I managed to fix it.

The way to get it working is to get the following RPM's from

http://layer1.cpanel.net/pub/courierinstall/courier-authlib/0.58-0cp/64/fedora/5/
(get the correct ones for your system)

courier-authlib-0.58-0cp.x86_64.rpm
courier-authlib-devel-0.58-0cp.x86_64.rpm
courier-authlib-pipe-0.58-0cp.x86_64.rpm
courier-authlib-userdb-0.58-0cp.x86_64.rpm
courier-imap-4.1.0-0cp.x86_64.rpm

Then rpm install them one by one.

Restart courier with /scripts/restartsrv_courier

everything should be running.

Verify with
netstat -a | grep pop & netstat -a | grep imap and then followed by telnet to ports 110 and 143

mherath

Dec 20, 2005
One more thing I forgot to add.

When you do this, auth to mailboxs fails and webmail fails.

The way to fix that is to run /scripts/maildirmenu

then convert everything to "mbox" format. once that's complete. Run it again and convert it back to "maildir" format. Auth and webmail should be working now

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
-----
Building RPM.........Timeout on recieve..Died at /scripts/cPScript/HttpRequest.pm line 84, <KR> line 1006.
I missed that line in your original post. That is what is actually causing the problem, an improper use of alarm, which causes the courierup process to exit while tring to build the RPM from source. We'll have to do another audit on that code since I thought we caught all those.

A little tip: /scripts/courierup --verbose --source

That causes the process to output everything to the screen, and shows what happens when compiling the source RPM.