cppop has failed, please contact the sysadmin.

zenid

Aug 22, 2004
Hi,

Since today i got a real serious problem on a few of a webservers, since this morning on a few servers will CPOP and IMAP not start anymore.

Waiting for cppop to restart....finished.

authdaemond (/usr/sbin/courierlogger -pid=/var/spool/authdaemon/pid -facility=mail -start /usr/libexec/courier-authlib/authdaemond) running as root with PID 18722 (process table check method)

and

Waiting for imap to restart....finished.

authdaemond (/bin/sh /usr/sbin/authdaemond start) running as root with PID 19080 (process table check method)

imap has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "couriertcpd is not running").

I have already try to reboot the server, and run /scripts/upcp --force but nothing wil help.

I have already open a support ticket by cpaenl but they give no serious answer:

Can someone please help me?

zenid

Aug 22, 2004
By clicking 10x In whm on restart cppop i get:

Waiting for cppop to restart.....finished.

dovecot (/usr/sbin/dovecot) running as root with PID 14715 (pidfile check method)

cppop started ok

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I'm reposting this from another thread that was similar to yours here. It's a quote from cPanel Support:

We have case 58442 open on service restarts showing failure even though they succeeded. The problem there is that the service check is happening too quickly after the restart is issued, not giving the restart time enough to happen. It as well has been fixed in the upcoming 11.32.3 branch.
I'd be interested to have a look at your ticket for you if you wouldn't mind posting the ID here please. Thanks!

zenid

Aug 22, 2004
Hello,

The problem is fixed by the cpanel support crew goof job and thanks for the answer