Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CPSkins.com & cpanelthemes.com

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Christleo, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Christleo

Christleo Well-Known Member

What are the different between to of them

CPSkins.com & cpanelthemes.com

I wanted to get a fansico auto installer... which 1 should i go to? or both are the same?????

2. ricoche

ricoche Well-Known Member

All I can say is that cpskins has a few more scripts to offer than cpanelthemes, HOWEVER, I use Rvskin so cpanelthemes (Fantastico), is the only one that works with that. My customers absolutely love rvskin so I don't have much of a choice. They'd probably yell at me if I changed it. <grin>

I have never used cpskins before, but I do have and like Fantastico very much because most 3rd party developers support it. I think Cpskins is a bit newer maybe, however if it gets integrated with rvskins I will definitely pick it up. It does have a few extra scripts that I would like to provide for my customers.

In my opinion I would compare what scripts each provide and then find out how you want to use it and if that 3rd party script supports it. Then take a look on the forums and see how people have reacted to the support for each. Then you might be able to make up your mind.

Hope this helps a little.

#2 ricoche, Nov 17, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  3. tmvnews

tmvnews Well-Known Member

:) Thanks for helping others with your input it's always great seeing people help each other.

Just thought I would let you know that our Auto-Installer Integrates into EVERY skin. It doesn't need any added html files. I 100% Guarantee it :)

Also v3.5 is in the works with even more scripts and we also have an Auto-Update feature for all products in the pipeline, along with multilingual skins coming out within a week.

Hope everyone doesn't mind me responding to this thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Christleo

That mean CPSKin is much more preferable... but.. i am waiting for some promotion to be up... hehe

5. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    William, perhaps you should contact Rvskins and let them know, Auto Installer intergrates as easy as Fantiastico.

I know from my own experience and a simple eMail, to both CPSkins.com & cpanelthemes.com, showed me that I would not be able to, nor would I want to, work with the person at cpanelthemes.com. As both programs offer pretty much the same scripts and CPSkins.com (Auto Installer) offers more -- at a less price -- Fantastico is more expensive and not worth it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

You seem to be biased against Fantastico... Have you seen the new features coming up in version 2.5?

I doubt if auto installer would be able to match all those features anytime soon.

Adding scripts is easy; adding new, useful features isn't quite. That's where Fantastico is ahead of the game.

7. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

I just reread this email exchange, at least it was fun. We will have to tell to our grandchildren :D

kosmo

8. efeito

efeito Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Where can we find an contact email on cpanelthemes.com? Can anyone give me one? Thanks

9. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

sales at cpanelthemes dot com

kosmo

10. efeito

efeito Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

tks kosmo.

Btw, did you see my PM???

11. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This further verifies why I am correct in thinking, I cannot work with you.

Your paranoia to a simple request for infomation eMail, resulting in accusations based on nothing but your imagination, is not the kind of humour I would call fun.

12. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Unless you plan on giving details that would allow others to judge the situation (read benefit the membership) for themselves your little tete-a-tete should be kept out of these forums.

Statements like 'I received an email which made it clear to me I could not do business with them' do very little to help others.

13. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please do not mis-quote me and my statement said, "I could not do business" which does not infer or imply, that others cannot.

Edit: I find it interesting that one can say something good about a company/service and it's accepted at face value. Say something negative though, and some feel that it must be proven.

Where is the logic?

#13 Website Rob, Nov 28, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2003
  14. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

That is not always true. There have been plenty of times that people have asked 'why do you like product or company x over product or company y?'

I happen to appreciate the timeliness of the 'official' support offered at cpanelthemes.com (much better than this forum). I am very interested in knowing what it is about cpanelthemes (other than the price, which you clearly stated) that prevents you from doing business with them. Maybe you uncovered something that I should know. Cryptic references to problems and discussions do not benefit others who may also be curious.

#14 SarcNBit, Nov 29, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  15. Christleo

I am interested in both the auto installer,

Which one should i choose?????

Fantastico :

Special running until 24.00 UTC, Nov 30th 2003:
    Base license at only 50.- USD (regular 70.-).
    Notice: This price is valid only for new customers, only for the base license.

That Ends Today!!!!!

CPSkins.com:

No promotion yet!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Which one will u choose??????????

16. tmvnews

tmvnews Well-Known Member

Send me an email to admin@cpskins.com ;) We will work something out..

I am staying out of this thread as it is for the public to talk about, but a promo is on it's way with some really huge updates to our products. That is why it has been delayed and with Fantastico having a promo we didn't feel that we should rush out a promo at the same time.

#16 tmvnews, Nov 29, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2003