The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPSkins.com & cpanelthemes.com

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Christleo, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Christleo

Christleo Well-Known Member

What are the different between to of them

CPSkins.com & cpanelthemes.com

I wanted to get a fansico auto installer... which 1 should i go to? or both are the same?????

2. ricoche

ricoche Well-Known Member

All I can say is that cpskins has a few more scripts to offer than cpanelthemes, HOWEVER, I use Rvskin so cpanelthemes (Fantastico), is the only one that works with that. My customers absolutely love rvskin so I don't have much of a choice. They'd probably yell at me if I changed it. <grin>

I have never used cpskins before, but I do have and like Fantastico very much because most 3rd party developers support it. I think Cpskins is a bit newer maybe, however if it gets integrated with rvskins I will definitely pick it up. It does have a few extra scripts that I would like to provide for my customers.

In my opinion I would compare what scripts each provide and then find out how you want to use it and if that 3rd party script supports it. Then take a look on the forums and see how people have reacted to the support for each. Then you might be able to make up your mind.

Hope this helps a little.

#2 ricoche, Nov 17, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  3. tmvnews

tmvnews Well-Known Member

:) Thanks for helping others with your input it's always great seeing people help each other.

Just thought I would let you know that our Auto-Installer Integrates into EVERY skin. It doesn't need any added html files. I 100% Guarantee it :)

Also v3.5 is in the works with even more scripts and we also have an Auto-Update feature for all products in the pipeline, along with multilingual skins coming out within a week.

Hope everyone doesn't mind me responding to this thread.

4. Christleo

That mean CPSKin is much more preferable... but.. i am waiting for some promotion to be up... hehe

5. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    William, perhaps you should contact Rvskins and let them know, Auto Installer intergrates as easy as Fantiastico.

I know from my own experience and a simple eMail, to both CPSkins.com & cpanelthemes.com, showed me that I would not be able to, nor would I want to, work with the person at cpanelthemes.com. As both programs offer pretty much the same scripts and CPSkins.com (Auto Installer) offers more -- at a less price -- Fantastico is more expensive and not worth it.

6. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

You seem to be biased against Fantastico... Have you seen the new features coming up in version 2.5?

I doubt if auto installer would be able to match all those features anytime soon.

Adding scripts is easy; adding new, useful features isn't quite. That's where Fantastico is ahead of the game.

7. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

I just reread this email exchange, at least it was fun. We will have to tell to our grandchildren :D

kosmo

8. efeito

efeito Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Where can we find an contact email on cpanelthemes.com? Can anyone give me one? Thanks

9. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

sales at cpanelthemes dot com

kosmo

10. efeito

efeito Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

tks kosmo.

Btw, did you see my PM???

11. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This further verifies why I am correct in thinking, I cannot work with you.

Your paranoia to a simple request for infomation eMail, resulting in accusations based on nothing but your imagination, is not the kind of humour I would call fun.

12. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Unless you plan on giving details that would allow others to judge the situation (read benefit the membership) for themselves your little tete-a-tete should be kept out of these forums.

Statements like 'I received an email which made it clear to me I could not do business with them' do very little to help others.

13. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please do not mis-quote me and my statement said, "I could not do business" which does not infer or imply, that others cannot.

Edit: I find it interesting that one can say something good about a company/service and it's accepted at face value. Say something negative though, and some feel that it must be proven.

Where is the logic?

#13 Website Rob, Nov 28, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2003
  14. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

That is not always true. There have been plenty of times that people have asked 'why do you like product or company x over product or company y?'

I happen to appreciate the timeliness of the 'official' support offered at cpanelthemes.com (much better than this forum). I am very interested in knowing what it is about cpanelthemes (other than the price, which you clearly stated) that prevents you from doing business with them. Maybe you uncovered something that I should know. Cryptic references to problems and discussions do not benefit others who may also be curious.

#14 SarcNBit, Nov 29, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  15. Christleo

I am interested in both the auto installer,

Which one should i choose?????

Fantastico :

Special running until 24.00 UTC, Nov 30th 2003:
    Base license at only 50.- USD (regular 70.-).
    Notice: This price is valid only for new customers, only for the base license.

That Ends Today!!!!!

CPSkins.com:

No promotion yet!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Which one will u choose??????????

16. tmvnews

tmvnews Well-Known Member

Send me an email to admin@cpskins.com ;) We will work something out..

I am staying out of this thread as it is for the public to talk about, but a promo is on it's way with some really huge updates to our products. That is why it has been delayed and with Fantastico having a promo we didn't feel that we should rush out a promo at the same time.

#16 tmvnews, Nov 29, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2003