Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cpsrvd error log: Possible denial of service?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamSpade, Jun 9, 2019.

1. SamSpade

SamSpade Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Two weeks ago I re-installed my second DNSOnly nameserver. Both nameserver are clustered and are updated to the latest availabe CentOS and DNSOnly version. Since then CSF's daily log scanner report continues to show under /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log entries like this one

Code:
    warn [cpsrvd] Previous check_sessions still running with pid: xxxxx.  Possible cpsrvd denial of service attack in progress. at cpsrvd.pl line 1141. cpanel::cpsrvd::script() called at cpsrvd.pl line 422
    where the pid # varies.

The first nameserver was installed years ago running als the latest version of DNSOnly but without these errors.

I checked also for evidences of a denial of service attack. There were no suspicious activities.

Do you have any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks
    Sam

2. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I see this quite frequently.
    I've never gotten to the bottom of it, but it doesn't seem to cause me any issues.

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This indicates that for whatever reason the checks cpsrvd does are not completing in the alotted time frame.

Can you do to hard restart of cpsrvd and let me know if you continue to see the same errors?

Code:
    /scripts/restartsrv_cpsrvd --restart --hard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...