The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"cpsrvd failed"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Secunix, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Secunix

Secunix Member

I get this error all the time.. at least 3 times aday, it's not a hacking attempt as this server is not public and there is nothing in the logs, the email just says:

Code:
    cpsrvd failed @ Sun Mar 26 22:42:25 2006. A restart was attempted automagicly.
    But after it does i need to manualy restart the server, as FTP, HTTP and email don't work. I really need to get this sorted before tonight, as i have my first customer moving to the server in less than 24 hours.

Thanks.

2. maximus_marcus

maximus_marcus Well-Known Member

Hi,

Rebooting the server will be a good option for this.

Regards,
    Marcus
    The New Phase Of Support

3. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Rebooting the server isn't really a solution - that should only be necessary if you're upgrading the kernel or other exceptional circumstances.

If cpsrvd fails, you should check its log file in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

5. Secunix

Secunix Member

Ok. Thanks, this issue has now been sorted (increased the max memory that cPanel can use) I have another problem, my server is restarting or "going down" every hour for about 20 secs, this is a major problem, and in the erro log i see:

Code:
    Internal Error: "" Normal Connection Timeout (Probably closed browser on a HTTP/1.1 session) at cpsrvd.pl line 1470.
    Content-type: text/html
    Is that a problem?

6. Stanleytiew

Stanleytiew Well-Known Member

This is the log flie from /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log, what is this mean?

Internal Error: "" Normal Connection Timeout (Probably closed browser on a HTTP/ 1.1 session) at cpsrvd.pl line 1470.

Internal Error: "" Normal Connection Timeout (Probably closed browser on a HTTP/ 1.1 session) at cpsrvd.pl line 1470.

Child [8376]: exited with signal 13
    Child [12597]: exited with signal 13
    Child [13574]: exited with signal 13
    Child [14125]: exited with signal 13
    Child [14811]: exited with signal 13

7. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Login to WHM >> Tweak Settings, scroll down and find "The maximum memory a cPanel process can use before it is killed off". Increase the memory there and see if that helps.

8. Stanleytiew

Stanleytiew Well-Known Member

I have increase the memory and will monitor for a few days to see whether this problem solved.