The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpsrvd fastcgi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonbayer, Dec 29, 2014.

1. jonbayer

jonbayer Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,

I've been doing some hacking with the webmail lately. It seems that cpsrvd executes php as a CGI and most 3rdparty scripts as CGI. It might be Starman based? I'm not certain it's hard to find good info and poking around only gets me so far.

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to dispatch to fastcgi/proxy to another port for speed benefits? I was thinking something like mod_proxy_fcgi or placks FCGI dispatch. I'm setting up a webmail application that benefits greatly from an opcode cache/kvs. I wanted to limit external dependencies so I was hoping to use APC/APCu as opposed to memcached.

Anyways I was just wondering if anyone has more documentation on cpsrvd and what sort of tweaks can be applied to it.

2. jonbayer

jonbayer Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cpsrvd documentation

Hi All,

Is there some unofficial/official documentation for cpsrvd anywhere? I have some scripts I would like to run as a fastcgi or even as a proxied connection if necessary. Can do I do this with cpsrvd or am I going to have to use something like nginx and url pattern matching.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator