The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpsrvd Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WEB-PROS, Mar 27, 2006.

1. WEB-PROS

WEB-PROS Well-Known Member

I know this might really be much to do with Cpanel/Whm but some people may be able to help, my hosting company wants to start a file hosting service up. We have a small problem at the moment. The way that Apache is built and codded it is impossible to upload large files using php or ftp as it times the site out. We have changed the timeout time and everything and have also contacted are server admins. What we was thinking is running a different type of server which would allow large files uploaded 10mb+. This server would run on a different port e.g. 8080.

I know that cpanel runs on it owns server and allowed large uploads so i know there is servers out there, does anyone have any ideas about which server software we should use, or if there is something that we can do to make apache work. I know it must be possible with Apache someway.

Thanks all in advance :)

2. WEB-PROS

Anyone have any idea at all??

3. forlinuxsupport

forlinuxsupport Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i would think apache/php would work fine. how you do it i dont know.

check the timeouts arent set really low ?
    Increase the php file upload size ?

4. WEB-PROS

Yes well these are set very high, i now have a new problem fixed one. It does not time out any more it just not send the varaibles with info about the file once it hits about 7 mb. I saw this problem on a few forums but nobody never repiled with a fix. Anyone help or have any idea how to upload a 10mb file without problems.