The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by laborspy, Jul 13, 2004.

1. laborspy

laborspy Well-Known Member

I have been getting this error on my stats runner for about 1month now. It always seems to be the same thing, the Chat user. My guess is that I have a couple of customers that are really using the chat program.

IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.
    This is cPanel stats runner on xxx.xxx.xxx!
    While processing the log files for user chat, the cpu has been
    maxed out for more then a 6 hour period. The current load/uptime line on the server at the time of
    this email is
    01:11:02 up 7 days, 4:53, 0 users, load average: 2.99, 1.75, 1.56
    You should check the server to see why the load is so high and take
    steps to lower the load. If you want stats to continue to run even with a high load; Edit
    /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and change extracpus to a number larger then 0 (run
    /usr/local/cpanel/startup afterwards to pickup the changes).

I know I can increase the "extracpus", but I really don't want to even run the log files on the chat rooms...or even log it at all. Does anyone know how I can ether just delete the log files each day or have it not log at all?

-Jason

2. phark

phark Member

Actually, "chat" is the user account, not what they are doing. I believe that I am correct, I have not got one of those messages in some time.

3. laborspy

laborspy Well-Known Member

Ah you are correct, it is a user account. Turns out they are one of those traffic selling sites...so their access logs are HUGE.

-Jason