Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cqan I get WHM to monitor Interchange 5.0?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CassCo, Jan 21, 2004.

1. CassCo

CassCo Registered

I have installed Interchange 5.0 on my liquidweb VDS, and I would like to have cpanel monitor it for automagical restart capabilities. I have disabled Interchange in the Tweek Settings section and unchecked it in the Service Manager. Is there any way that I can edit the cpanel scripts so cpanel will start 5.0 instead of 4.9? The Restart Services section has a link to /scritps/resinterchange, but a find via SSH doesn't yield this script. /usr/local/cpanel/bin/startinterchange is a binary, so editting that is out.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. glassjos

glassjos Member
    PartnerNOC

Interchange

Hey CassCo,

Have you considered adding a script to cron to make sure Interchange is running rather than using chkservd?

You might also want to look into the files in /etc/chkservd.d. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CassCo

CassCo Registered

Actually, I did get it to work via chkservd. In WHM, I disabled interchange in the Tweak Settings section, but I left interchange enabled in the Service Manager. I then changed the /etc/chkserv.d/interchange entry from

service[interchange]=x,x,x,/usr/local/cpanel/bin/startinterchange,interchange,cpanel

to

service[interchange]=x,x,x,/usr/local/interchange/bin/startinterchange,interchange,interch

where /usr/local/interchange/bin/startinterchange is a bash script that contains:

#!/bin/bash

su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch

This seems to work just fine. I originally removed Interchange from the Service Manager and tried to create the /etc/chkserv.d/interchange file myself, but chkservd wouldn't pick up the entry when I restarted it, so it wasn't monitoring it. I guess it isn't as simple as putting a file in /etc/chkserv.d to have a service monitored? Once I checked interchange in the Service Manager, chkservd started monitoring the interchange service, and it would restart the 5.0 interchange if I killed it.

The only question I have is will cPanel overwrite the /etc/chkserv.d/interchange entry at some point, say after an update to cPanel?

Is chkserv a unix (or just linux?) thing, or is chkserv a cPanel thing?

Thanks!

4. glassjos

glassjos Member
    PartnerNOC

Hey CassCo,

It is certainly a possibility that CPanel updates would kill the modifications you made to a file in /etc/chkserv.d - and yes, chkservd is a CPanel thing.

The question is, what are the chances of this happening?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...