The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash! Help me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnyKing94, Aug 28, 2010.

1. JohnnyKing94

JohnnyKing94 Registered

Guys, since my hosting service does not help me to solve the problem, then I ask you because it is a problem with this control panel. For a long the server continues to crash and I do not know what to do. After a long time I discovered the problem through WHM: System Healt>>Show Current CPU Usage and I noticed a 10% consumption by a process residing in folders cPanel. The process is called "whostmgr2 - top ./top". I can not even terminate (or kill) it because the PID is always changing. First, what is it? and how can I tackle the problem? I got bored of crashes... Help me

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    whostmgr2 - top ./top is the page you are looking at when you open:
    WHM > System Health > Show Current CPU Usage

The PID changes every time you open it as TOP runs again when the page is opened.

On that page, if you click the CPU column twice, you'll get a snapshot of whats using CPU most at the moment that page was opened. What else is listed as using too much resources?

If you suspect a problem with your cPanel you should contact your host first, or try cPanel support directly, second. There's a link, top right corner of the page for that.

HTH

3. JohnnyKing94

JohnnyKing94 Registered

First of all, my hosting service advised me the forum community of cPanel because their services are unmanaged. However the only process that took a lot of CPU was just that i said before. There is another process which occupies 0.2, but very little. Nothing else,the service has short overhangs which take the server to crash. The hosting service says me that is alright, even if the problem exists there -_-'