The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create a account over 2 servers. 1 for WWW - 1 for Mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by getgreen, Apr 20, 2011.

1. getgreen

getgreen Member

Apr 1, 2011

I'm wondering if WHMCS + cPanel can allow me to do the following:

I want to create all accounts over 2 servers - Server A handling the WWW and general data of the account and Server B handling only the email.

Essentially I just want to give my email accounts their own server, and for WHMCS+cPanel to be able to facilitate the account creation.

Isn't possible to do this with cPanel so that all newly created accounts (though WHMCS) can be made to work like this ?

Any further feedback / suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Chris,

I'm not entirely familiar with the capabilities of the WHMCS product, since that isn't a product we provide but a third-party application.

For cPanel, since it does not currently support clustering for email, you would have to use an account creation script that would create the primary base cPanel account with a secondary MX on it and the primary MX set to the second cPanel email machine. On the cPanel email only machine, that same account creation would have to then create another account. If you want users to be able to create email addresses on that machine, they'd have to log into that email only machine for email services and you'd have to remove the email services on the general data machine.

Alternatively, you could not use cPanel on the email only machine and use some script creation option to create email accounts on there that are pushed from the cPanel general data machine. All of this is going to require development work. If you do not already have a developer who can perform this task, you might want to consider using on listed at this location:

Dev & Sys Admin Services « Application Catalog