The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create A New Account form has missing fields for Max entries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pci, Jun 30, 2005.

1. pci

pci Member

I am creating accounts as a reseller on 2 different servers, so I noticed this difference and need to correct it.

The form to Create a New Account is missing the fields for Max FTP, Max Email, etc. along with the checkboxes. Since a picture is worth a thousand confused words, an image of what I'm describing is at http://www.nameservercentral.com/MissingFeatureFields.jpg.

I've checked a few of my reseller WHM screens and they have the same situation (I am root on this machine, the other machine belongs to someone else and I have an account there for comparison purposes).

Feature sets are created, packages are created and show up in the dropdown, but the Max fields are still missing.

Has something been missed in the root WHM setup? I have checked the Reseller Privileges screen multiple times without seeing it.

Thank you very much.

PCI

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

This is to do with the privileges assigned to your reseller account by the root user.

3. pci

pci Member

Thanks for that. I'm sure you're correct, but as I wrote, I don't see it. Which option is it, exactly?

As far as RTFM goes, I've done that over and over, both in the (outdated) documentation included with the purchased cpanel application and the (much better) documentation at cpanel.net (which isn't improved any by the flash gimmicks, guys... sorry).

Everything I find goes back to packages.

----------
    Reseller Center>Edit Privileges/Nameservers>Privileges

Allow Creation of Packages with Shell Access
    Allow Creation of Packages with Unlimited Diskspace
    Allow Creation of Packages with Unlimited Features (ie. unlimited pop accounts)
    Allow Creation of Packages with a Dedicated IP
    Allow creation of packages with Addon Domains
    Allow creation of packages with Parked Domains
    Disallow creation of accounts with packages that are not global or not owned by this user
    Never allow creation of accounts with shell access
    ----------

Everything is checked except shell access and dedicated IP, btw.

The 'Disallow creation of accounts with packages.....' option has been tried checked and unchecked. That didn't do it.

So back to my original question. If anyone knows exactly where the switch is, I'd be eternally grateful, or at least totally embarrassed when it's pointed out. :eek:

Thanks again.

PCI

4. pci

pci Member

Stop the presses! We've gotten to the bottom of it.

It's not a part of 'privileges' at all. It's a part of Account Management

Account Management >

Account Modification (warning: this will allow circumvention of account creation limits, give shell access (unless explicitly disallowed), dedicated ips, etc)

So there you have it. :)

Thanks.

PCI