The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create a new website ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tommyzegrut, Oct 26, 2009.

1. tommyzegrut

tommyzegrut Registered

Hi,

I am a newbie and i have already tried to find a tutorial somewhere. What i need is someone that can explain me how to create a new website step by step in Cpanel.

I already have one main domain but i want to create a new domain for a client, using joomla.

What i dont know is what to do to create this domain and all the things that i need to do for my client to update it. (basicaly xhat to do with mysql, upload folders, ftp...etc). Where do i have to start first and then what, and then what...etc

Cheers, Tom.

2. tommyzegrut

tommyzegrut Registered

heeelllpppp !!!!

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no reason to bump this thread. If you got no answers that's probably because this sort of thing is best answered by your host, or other users on your hosts forum.

In a nutshell, you create a new package in WHM, then create a new account and give it the package you created. At your domain name registrar, change the nameservers to point your server and you're off to the races. Once you have taken those first steps, you'd login to that accounts cPanel and create a MySQL database. Then create a database user. Then associate the user with that database. Then via FTP or File Manager, upload the files for your new Joomla site. There are instructions for a web based install here for that:
    Joomla! Help Site - Browser Installation (the easy way)

That's if you have WHM access. You don't mention if you do or not, or if you're setting up an addon domain on your own account. There are too many variables here for a forum post.

Your host knows these variables and would be the person to help get you started.