Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Create a user account with PHP (script)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrLeN, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MrLeN

MrLeN Active Member

I have written a script which creates a heap of files and copies files and does a whole heap of other stuff, depending on the information provided with a forum. The end result is a little flat file CMS.

That's all well and good, but now that I pretty much have what amounts to an installation script for my CMS, it would be MUCH better of I could actually add some code to create the subdomain (or domain) for the script.

For two days I have searched high and low for information on how to create a cPanel account, with a form, through PHP. I have also tried about four methods spending hours each time. But each and every time, I wind up with the same problem!

I eagerly add the code to my script, I run it and... same thing: A cPanel log-in form pops up. It's as if cPanel doesn't want an outside script installing stuff. I think there must be some key or some method to allow it. I've seen many references to that in my searches, but no actual explanations.

So, I want to know, is there any comprehensive information which explains exactly how to create a new cPanel account (subdomain or domain) with PHP?

If I can just figure out this last thing, I will have a bonafide automatically installable CMS that I can quite easily create a little website provider service (of sorts).

The only thing preventing me from doing that is the excruciating pain I've gone through to try to get PHP to set up a cPanel account.

Of course, I do not blame cPanel. I love cPanel! Of course I know there's a way, and for someone who knows what they're doing, it's probably EASY. But for me, it hasn't been easy. All the articles I've found were lacking in detail. I tried my best to use the information, but if you to a Google search, you'll find that almost all of the results are from 2005, 2006, 2007, etc. They're probably so old they don't even work anymore.

Can someone please help me? I created the CMS, and it's flat file. I am not a "programmer" per se -- just someone willing to roll their sleeves up.

The script is really great, and to be able to get the installation process (which is 100% working) create the actual "account" before installing the script would allow me to 100% automate creation and installation of my little CMS :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MrLeN

MrLeN Active Member

ok, sorry..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrLeN

MrLeN Active Member

I finally found a hassle free script that works.

I am leaving it here in case someone else has the same problem:

/http://www.zubrag.com/scripts/create-cpanel-whm-account.php