The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create account from template

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pdonlin, Nov 18, 2005.

1. pdonlin

pdonlin Registered

Is it possible to create new accounts using an existing one as a template? (copy it over)

This is what I want to do:

We are setting up a blogging system for our teachers so they can post information about their classes, such as assignments. Rather than have to go in by hand and set the blog up for each teacher/account it would be nice to make one as a "template" and just have all the accounts I create copy the file/sql data over.

Copying the data over would be extremely easy to do by hand, but I'm not familiar with SQL enough to make it a semi-automated task. I'm not sure if it would even be possible to do that part of it because it would require having the tables be named differently depending on the account name (which would require some file changes as well).

I was planning on using BBlog (bblog.com), but if what I am trying to do is a difficult task, maybe someone knows of a different blogging system better suited to my needs?

2. pdonlin

pdonlin Registered