zalocus

Apr 30, 2017
Austria
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Is there any way to make cPanel more like Plesk so users can create an Account without to be forced to use an Main Domain and then add other domains as Addon Domains?

I think Plesk has done here an much better job and it is a much cleaner Panel, of course I like cPanel more thats why I ask if there is a way to do this in cPanel or maybe there are some officials plans to integrate this feature to have a clean panel when login first time and instead of Addon Domain there should be like in Plesk an section Add new Domain.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @zalocus,

Here's a quote from the cPanel & WHM version 76 Release Notes that's partly related to your feedback:

cPanel's Domains interface
In cPanel & WHM version 76, we added the Domains interface (cPanel >> Home >> Domains >> Domains). This interface combines most of the functionality from the following interfaces:

• cPanel's Addon Domains interface (cPanel >> Home >> Domains >> Addon Domains).
  • cPanel's Subdomains interface (cPanel >> Home >> Domains >> Subdomains).
  • cPanel's Aliases interface (cPanel >> Home >> Domains >> Aliases).
Users can now create and manage multiple domains for a single cPanel account in one interface. This streamlines the user experience and simplifies the user's ability to create and manage domains.
However, the following feature request looks to be more aligned with the functionality you are seeking:

Multiple cPanel Logins (cPanel Subusers)

I encourage you to vote and add feedback to this request, or consider creating a new feature request explaining the specific changes you'd like to see made to domain management.

Thank you.

zalocus

Apr 30, 2017
Austria
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello @zalocus,

Here's a quote from the cPanel & WHM version 76 Release Notes that's partly related to your feedback:

However, the following feature request looks to be more aligned with the functionality you are seeking:

Multiple cPanel Logins (cPanel Subusers)

I encourage you to vote and add feedback to this request, or consider creating a new feature request explaining the specific changes you'd like to see made to domain management.

Thank you.
Yeah seems to go in the right direction,...However I hope Addon Domains will be removed completely in the future it adds more complexity that it solves, The perfect way is how Plesk is doing it, 1 Account can add X domains.